WGC Kenya Chapter
Chapter President : MARY MUTHONI
Contact : email@example.com
- Conferred the inaugural Uzalendo Award by His Excellency, the President of the Republic of Kenya for exemplary effort in organizing business women to distribute sanitizers to low income markets, matatu and bodaboda operators, thereby ensuring these high contact groups did not become active spreaders of COVID-19.
- MBA double major, Management & Marketing from the university of Eastern Africa Baraton. An undergraduate in Education.
- Currently, the vice chair of Kirinyaga Investment and Development Authority
- Former board member, Tobacco Control Board under the Ministry of Health
- Former National Director Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry representing central region
- Founder and Chairperson St. Petroc Premier Schools, Embu. Founder & President of the Women in Business Community Network.
- Regional Winner, East Africa by the CEO global for the Pan African Awards in recognition for the achievement as a country winner in the business and professional sector for the most influential women in business and Government-2019
- September 2019, recognized by the International College of Peace for the African Women Impact Award
- Received recognition from the Kenya Council of Governors making her the holder of the 2017 Devolution Warrior Award, due to her role in Promoting Women Empowerment in Delivery of Public Service particularly in championing women’s access to Government Procurement Opportunities (AGPO)
- The 1st Female Director (Women & Gender) at the Kenya National Chambers of Commerce & Industry (KNCCI) since 1965
- Served as the Chairperson Economic Empowerment for Women and Youth and Champions trade & gender inclusion in the private sector and public sector
- Represented the country in IORA Workshop in April 2018 to Strengthen Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Indian Ocean – Preparations for the Ministerial Conference and Working Group.
- Noted to be among the 6 most influential women in Kenya for 2017 and current holder of the Africa Business Leaders’ award in regards to gender.
- Advocated for Women’s inclusivity in Trade during High-level Trade Expert & Stakeholder meetings such as UNCTADS, Expert Meeting on Gender and Trade in Geneva, Switzerland, Inclusive trade and digital economy, TICAD and HLM2.
- Headed the British Council Program for Schools and appointed to represent the Sub Saharan countries together with the lead Kenyan Music group; Sauti Sol in London (Corn Wall).
- Engaged in high level trade dialogues in various Global, National and County Level forums on topics touching on Women in Trade and leadership in business such as EMPRETEC, International Trade Centre, Barclays partnership launch #She Trades and other BMO workshops.
- Founder of the premier Women in Business Magazine and Awards